Project Edison, the exemplary project for Hoffman-Boston Elementary, promotes excellence in education through communication arts. The 2020-21 theme was podcasting. Learners shared stories only they can tell, hearing the stories of their peers and community members, and meeting communication arts goals such as:
- Raising the level of enthusiasm and engagement in the learning process
- Supporting Virginia Standards of Learning (SOLs)
- Improving speaking, writing and presentation skills through communication experiences
- Exploring diverse perspectives and stories
- Building proficiency in technology skills to communicate their ideas and viewpoints with others
In the 2021-22 school year, we will continue with podcasting and spend a portion of the year science-telling, telling stories about science that fascinate and interest our learners!
Project Edison 2021-2022 Schedule: Coming soon!
You can check out our podcast, All-Star Stories, here!
The Project Edison schedule is closely related to and integrated with the STEM schedule with Ms. Fields. As teacher partners, Mrs. Burgin & Ms. Fields want their program to help make school an exciting place to learn and apply knowledge and skills! Visit Ms. Fields STEM page here.