Project Edison, the exemplary project for Hoffman-Boston Elementary, promotes excellence in education through communication arts. The 2020-21 theme was podcasting. Learners shared stories only they can tell, hearing the stories of their peers and community members, and meeting communication arts goals such as:
- Raising the level of enthusiasm and engagement in the learning process
- Supporting Virginia Standards of Learning (SOLs)
- Improving speaking, writing and presentation skills through communication experiences
- Exploring diverse perspectives and stories
- Building proficiency in technology skills to communicate their ideas and viewpoints with others
In the 2021-22 school year, we will continue with podcasting and spend a portion of the year science-telling, telling stories about science that fascinate and interest our learners!
You can check out our podcast, All-Star Stories, here!
Project Edison 2021-2022 Schedule:
- Kindergarten, 2nd & 4th Grade – 1st and 3rd Quarter
- 1st, 3rd & 5th Grade – 2nd and 4th Quarter
Project Edison switches quarterly with STEM taught by Ms. Fields!
The Project Edison schedule is closely related to and integrated with the STEM schedule with Ms. Fields. As teacher partners, Mrs. Burgin & Ms. Fields want their program to help make school an exciting place to learn and apply knowledge and skills! Visit Ms. Fields STEM page here.