Welcome To First Grade!!
The Virginia Department of Education sets standards for the state-mandated 1st Grade curriculum.
Meet the First Grade Team!!!!
Teacher: Ms. Ahmed
Hello and welcome to first grade! My name is Ranah Ahmed and I’m so excited for all of the learning and fun this year has in stock for us. I can’t wait to share my love of learning with your children and see them shine throughout the year.I graduated from DePaul University with a degree in Elementary Education and have been teaching for three years. This is my second year here at Hoffman-Boston Elementary School and I’m so thrilled to be here!A little bit about me:
- I am from Illinois
- I love being creative and crafting
- I enjoy traveling and experiencing new cultures
- I have discovered a new love of baking these past few months!
Teacher: Ms. Brown
Hello and welcome to first grade! I am so excited for another school year here at HFB. First grade is full of so much growth, and I look forward to seeing all the progress your child will make!I am a graduate of Pennsylvania State University and am currently working on my Master’s in Education from George Washington University. This will be my third year teaching first grade at Hoffman-Boston. Some more about me..
- I am a swimmer and swim coach
- I love to travel and want to visit all 50 states
- I’m originally from Philadelphia- Go Eagles!
Teacher: Ms. Diaz
Hello first grade scholars! My name is Kristen Diaz and I am beyond excited to be joining the Hoffman-Boston All-Stars!I was born and raised in Miami and just recently moved to Virginia with my 3-year-old son. I graduated from Florida Atlantic University with a bachelors in Elementary Education and this will be my eighth year teaching first grade- I love my firsties! =)
Some more about me:
- served 6 years in the United States Army before becoming a teacher.
- I love painting, drawing, reading, and, of course, coffee.
- The beach is my happy place!
- I love to road trip, hike, and find cool waterfalls
Teacher: Ms. Folb
My name is Belinda Folb. I came to Arlington after living in Connecticut and Florida. I graduated from Virginia Tech and now I live in the Hoffman-Boston neighborhood with my husband Josh and son Michael and our two cats. I like to read, sew, and hike.
English Language Learner Teacher: Ms. Dailey
Hello everyone! I’m Ms. Dailey. I am the English Learner teacher for First Grade, which means I am here to support students who are learning English. This is my fifth year at Hoffman-Boston! The past four years, I have worked with Kindergarten, so I’m very excited to be with some of your children that I taught last year.😊A little bit about me:
- I have lived in Missouri, California, Germany, Thailand, and Virginia
- I love elephants and the color yellow
- I enjoy traveling and learning different languages (I currently speak Thai and I can usually understand Spanish and German).
I can’t wait to meet you all or see you all again!Email: Bobbi.Walker2@apsva.us