Instruction and learning
- Teachers will continue to provide support and instruction during our school closure. Materials can be located through ParentVue or through the individual grade level web pages.
- Teachers will work with students to review content from the year so far. This includes reviewing for end of year assessments.
- Teachers may provide new material and collect formative assessments to check for understanding. This work will not be graded.
- The third quarter will end on Friday, March 20th.
- Students who have an IEP or a 504 plan should consult with their Case Carrier regarding special supports and accommodations. Third quarter IEP Goal Progress Updates will be based upon available goal progress information. IEP and re-evaluation dates will be modified, as needed.
What should I do every day?
- Consider creating a daily schedule to maintain a routine during our school closure.
- Your school counselor will be available to support you during the school closure. Reach out to them via their APS email.
- For students who receive special education services, your case carrier will continue to be a resource for you during the school closure. Your case carrier will be reaching out to you via APS email or Canvas. You can also reach out to them with questions or for support in your classes.
- If you have questions or concerns, reach out to your teachers at their APS email or via Canvas.
- If you have a technology issue, please email firstname.lastname@example.org this website:https://www.apsva.us/digital-learning/digital-learning-device-help/
Athletics and activities
- All after-school activities have been cancelled through April 14th. At this time, all activities including spring sports are scheduled to resume as soon as possible. As we abide by APS and CDC recommendations, athletes/teams/students should refrain from initiating in person practices/meetings. You are encouraged to reach out to your coach or sponsor for ideas/activities that can be implemented at home or online. If you have any questions, feel free to email your Director of Student Activities.
End of year events
- We will continue to work closely with APS to monitor our ability to continue with events scheduled to occur after April 14th. This includes, but is not limited to, end of course testing (SOLs, AP and IB), the spring play, Senior Experience, prom, and graduation.
- As we have more information, we will communicate with teachers, students, and families.
As a reminder, APS will provide free grab-and-go breakfasts and lunches at two school sites – Kenmore Middle School (200 S. Carlin Springs Road) and Dr. Charles R. Drew Elementary School (3500 S. 23rd Street). Meals will be set up on a table outside the building for distribution from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday-Friday.